Photo Credit: FanSided
1. The West Virginia Mountaineers, who are ranked 19th in the nation, took down the Mississippi Valley State Devils in a huge blowout win. The final score of the game was 107-66. The Mountaineer’s record improved to 2-0, while the Devil’s record dropped to 0-2. The leading scorer for the Mountaineers was Nathan Adrian, who finished the game with 15 points, while the leading scorer for the Devils was Marcus Romain, who finished the game out with 13 points.
2.The Cincinnati Bearcats, who are ranked 24th in the nation, pulled away in the second half to beat the Albany Great Danes. The game was very close in the first half, but Cincinnati’s leading scorer Jacob Evans closed out the game with 19 points to get the Bearcats to a 2-0 record. The leading scorer for Albany was David Nichols. He may have been on the losing team, but he had an impressive performance, and he finished with 13 points. The final score of the game was 74-51.
3. The 11th ranked Xavier Musketeers took down the non-ranked Buffalo Bulls. The final score was 86-53. The leading scorer for Xavier was JP Macura, who put up 18 points in the win. The leading scorer for Buffalo was Nick Perkins, who put up an impressive 15 points in the game.
4. The Rhode Island Rams, who are ranked 21st in the nation, took down the unranked Marist Red Foxes. The leading scorer for the Rhode Island Rams was EC Matthews, who put up 22 points. Khallid Hart was the leading scorer of the game for Marist, putting up 19 points. The final score was a blowout, with the score being 107-65.
5. The Texas Longhorns, who are ranked 23rd in the nation, took down the Louisiana Monroe Warhawks. The game was an easy win for the Longhorns, and the final score of the game was 80-59. The leading scorer from the Longhorns was Tevin Mack, who had 14 points in the win. The leading scorer for the Warhawks was Marvin Jean-Pierre, who had 13 points.
6. The 20th ranked Iowa State Cyclones had a blowout win against the unranked Mount Saint Mary’s Knights. The final score of the game was 73-55. The leading scorer for Iowa State was Monte Morris, who put up 18 points. The leading scorer for Mount Saint Mary’s was Elijah Long, who had 19 points in the loss.
7. The 14th ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs beat the unranked San Diego State Aztecs in a low scoring game. The final score was 69-48. Jordan Matthews led Gonzaga to the victory. Matthews put up 17 points, and went 6 for 10 from the field. The leading scorer for San Diego State was Jeremy Hemsley, who put up 14 points, and went 5 for 14 from the field.
8. The 3rd ranked Villanova Wildcats, who are the defending national champions, were almost upset by the 15th ranked Purdue Boilermakers. The game was very close, but in the end, Villanova came out on top with the final score being 79-76. The leading scorer for the defending national champions was Josh Hart, and he played amazingly well, putting up 24 points in the win. The leading scorer for the Boilermakers was the seven footer Isaac Haas, who had an amazing game. Haas put up 22 points and grabbed 3 rebounds. Haas also gave the Boilermakers a chance for a comeback, but sadly they gave it away.
9. The 14th ranked Louisville Cardinals took down the William & Mary Tribe in a large win for the Cardinals with the final score being 91-58. The leading score for the Cardinals was VJ King, and he definitely played like a king because he put up 17 points. The leading scorer for the Tribe was Nathan Knight, who put up a 14 points and grabbed 7 rebounds.